- What we’ll do
- What you need to bring for your trip
- How the day flows
- How long is it?
- What about my phone and valuables during the float?
- Where and when should I arrive?
- How many people should I book for? / Our group’s numbers might change
- What not to bring
- Sunday riders
- Safety information
What we’ll do
- Provide you and your friends with a safe, seamless, and unforgettable experience.
- You’ll be accompanied by an ATXcursions host on the bus ride to the river, on the river, and back to Austin.
- Our host’s job is to make your float experience and your entire day safe and memorable.
- We provide all the tubing necessities: tubes, coolers, life vests (upon request), ice, and transportation.
What you need to bring for your trip
- Snacks (pre-made sandwiches, chips, nutrition bars) and beverages.
- We do not stop on the way to or from the river, so please arrive with ample snacks and drinks for the entire trip.
How the day flows
- Upon arrival at 621 Gunter St., our hosts will get you checked in, your coolers packed down and iced, and you’ll board the bus with fellow trip mates.
- It’s a 45-minute bus ride down to a stunning, 72-degree spring-fed river.
- When we arrive at the river, you’ll place your personal items in a lockbox that will remain on the bus while you float down the river. (The bus that we ride to the river on is the same bus that will bring us back to Austin.)
- Our hosts will assist in unloading coolers from the bus, you’ll get your tube, your cooler will get its tube, and you’ll be on your way to a proper Texas float.
How long is it?
About 6 hours in total. Our departure times from Austin are in the morning and early afternoon. This is so that you’re back in Austin in time to get prepared for evening fun. Please do not plan anything immediately after the trip as trip times are variable.
What about my phone and valuables during the float?
- We provide a lock box inside of the bus to store small items such as wallets and phones during the float.
- You will not need money or your ID while on the river.
- We do not recommend taking your phone with you on the river, as we’ve seen countless phone fails over the years. If you do bring it, we recommend putting it in a waterproof case with a tether.
Where and when should I arrive?
- 621 Gunter, Austin, TX 78702
- The trip time on your reservation is your departure time.
- Think of this like a bus departure time. Please arrive at least 15-minutes prior to your scheduled departure to get checked in and allow our team to pack down your belongings into coolers.
Free street parking is available.
In the event of a cancellation due to prohibitive weather, you will receive a 100% refund. We’ll send out an email and text message no later than 7 AM on the day of your scheduled trip to notify you of a cancellation. If you do not receive an email or text regarding a cancellation, the trip will go on as scheduled. Prohibitive weather includes thunderstorms, flooding, and air temperatures cooler than 72 degrees.
How many people should I book for? / Our group’s numbers might change
We understand that your group numbers will most likely fluctuate. What we recommend doing is booking for the total number of participants that you’re expecting. Then, if that number drops down, we’ll issue you a 100% refund as long as you give us 48-hours notice before the departure date.
We issue 100% refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled trip time. We due not issue refunds inside of 48 hours of the scheduled trip time. We do not issue refunds for no-shows. If you cancel less than 48 hours in advance of your trip or do not show up for your trip, no refund will be issued.
Our trips are limited to adults 18 and over. No booking is complete until all participants have completed all onboarding activities, including signing our waiver of liability and listening to a brief safety presentation. (Everyone signs our waivers when checking in with our tubing trip hosts)
What not to bring
- Glass containers
- A cooler, ice, or tubes
- We have plenty of coolers for all of your items including food
If you are floating on a Sunday please be aware that due to Texas state law you are unable to purchase alcoholic beverages before 12pm. Please purchase all of your alcoholic beverages the day before.
River tubing has inherent risks associated with it. Each tour participant is required to sign one or more waivers of liability the day of the event recognizing the risks involved in the excursion activity and indemnifying the operating parties.
River tubing is meant to be a fun and relaxing experience. The rivers we tube on are beautiful natural environments with a current, trees and rocks, varying depths, and hot Texas sunshine. We strive to provide the safest experience possible, and your trip hosts will provide information and assistance to keep you safe. Our trip hosts tube with you, but they are not lifeguards or EMTs. Please practice moderation if you are consuming alcohol and maintain awareness of your surroundings.
ATXcursions functions as a tour and logistics firm only. Transportation and excursion activities, such as river tubing and brewery operations, are operated by outside parties. Any damages or claims will be referred directly to the outside party responsible. ATXcursions holds no responsibility or liability for the operations of these outside parties.
We’re available to answer any questions you have about the trip or Austin. Please email [email protected] or call us at 866-759-7375, we’d love to hear from you!