When you go rafting in Big Sky, Montana, you’ll experience the thrill of a lifetime. As you flow down the cascading river and look at the scenic views that surround you, you’ll feel like you’re in a whole new world. When you stay at The Wilson Hotel in Big Sky, you’ll be close to some of the best rafting experiences around.
For additional information regarding the best activities to do during your trip here, take a look at our seasonal guides below!
Things to do in the summer
Read more: Bozeman rafting company
Things to do in the winter
Try rafting in Big Sky, Montana, With These Outfitters
Montana Whitewater Rafting and Zipline Tours
Gallatin River Office Location: 63960 Gallatin Rd, Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730
Montana Whitewater is proud to provide high-quality adventures throughout Montana. They offer whitewater rafting trips that are perfect for families and other groups, first-timers, and expert thrill-seekers. With Montana Whitewater, you can even raft infamous class IV rapids.
Rafting Trips on the Gallatin River with Montana Whitewater
- Gallatin River Half-Day Classic (more challenging and less challenging options available)
- You’ll paddle down the narrow and rocky Gallatin River for about three hours. This trip offers the highest class of rapids in the Greater Yellowstone region.
- Gallatin River Half-Day Scenic
- This trip offers a more relaxing experience than other tours. You can float down the river and enjoy the sights of the scenery and wildlife. You won’t experience large splashes and whitewater.
- Gallatin River Full-Day Classic
- First, you’ll spend the morning navigating through the upper Gallatin, and then you’ll stop for a serene riverside lunch. In the afternoon, you’ll experience thrilling rapids. The trip lasts between five and six hours.
- Gallatin Classic Zip & Dip
- This full-day adventure includes a three-hour raft trip in addition to a two-hour zip line tour.
- Gallatin River Saddle & Paddle
- With this experience, you’ll start the day horseback riding up a mountain trail into the backcountry and pristine pine forests. Then, you’ll return for a half-day of rafting.
- Gallatin River Cast and Raft
- This day embodies learning and fun. You’ll spend the first half of the day learning the ins and outs of fly fishing. Then, you’ll spend the second half of the day rafting down the Gallatin.
- And more!
Geyser Whitewater Expeditions
Read more: White water rafting nc asheville
Location: 46651 Gallatin Rd, Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730
Geyser Whitewater Expeditions take pride in providing bucket list experiences and world-class adventures with exceptional service and hospitality. In addition to rafting in Big Sky, Montana, they also offer horseback riding, ziplining, and boat rentals.
Rafting Trips on the Gallatin River with Geyser Whitewater Expeditions
- Lower Whitewater Half-Day Trip
- During this three-hour roundtrip, you’ll plunge through some of the Gallatin River’s most infamous rapids, such as Screaming Left, House Rock, and the Mad Mile.
- Upper Whitewater Half-Day Trip
- This is one of the calmer trips and is perfect for younger children or older adults. It includes exciting rapids, as well as slow, relaxing floats.
- Scenic Floating
- This grand scenic tour glides through Lone Mountain, an iconic peak of the Yellowstone Region. The trip also flows through the upper canyon and meadows of the Gallatin River.
- Full-Day Whitewater Rafting
- This trip starts with calm rafting in the morning and then a riverside lunch featuring Big Sky’s #1 rated sandwich. Then, things ramp up with roaring rapids such as Hilarity Hole. Be prepared to get wet!
Stay at The Wilson Hotel
Read more: Tobin rafts
An unforgettable adventure is within reach when you stay at The Wilson Hotel. Our gorgeous hotel is located in the heart of town and keeps you close to the best hiking, fly fishing, skiing, and rafting in Big Sky, Montana.
Here at The Wilson Hotel, we offer an array of accommodating suites. Each guest suite features artful decor, spacious living, and opulent amenities. For example, our Studio King provides a king-sized bed, full-sized sleeper sofa, full-functioning kitchen with dishes and silverware, complimentary toiletries, and more! Plus, you’ll have access to our fitness center, game room, and gorgeous outdoor pool.
Pick your perfect accommodation